Introduction to Biomedical Engineering, 2nd Edition
Academic Press | ISBN: 0122386620 | 2 edition (April 6, 2005) | 1144 pages | PDF | 24.3 Mb
Introduction to Biomedical Engineering, Second Edition provides a historical perspective of the major developments in the biomedical field. Also contained within are the fundamental principles underlying biomedical engineering design, analysis, and modeling procedures. The numerous examples, drill problems and exercises are used to reinforce concepts and develop problem-solving skills making this book an invaluable tool for all biomedical students and engineers.
New to this edition:
Computational Biology, Medical Imaging, Genomics and Bioinformatics.
* 60% update from first edition to reflect the developing field of biomedical engineering
* New chapters on Computational Biology, Medical Imaging, Genomics, and Bioinformatics
* Companion site: intro-bme-book.bme.uconn.edu
* MATLAB and SIMULINK software used throughout to model and simulate dynamic systems
* Numerous self-study homework problems and thorough cross-referencing for easy use